Sunday, I remarked that one upside of the lockdown is that the perpetrators won't be able to orchestrate a blood sacrifice media event to kickstart 'the witching season'. That is: mass violence, which often seems to occur this time of year. But the news today (Monday) stated that: 'Nova Scotia Shooting Rampage Kills at Least 16'. What does this synchronicity symbolize?
It gives insights into the superficial way in which humanity experiences life:
- The first message is that when self-examination is not practiced, life teaches through hard knocks. When those hard knocks still don’t prompt taking self-responsibility through self-examination, the knocks become harder.
- The pandemic and subsequent isolation (quarantine), is a perfect opportunity to examine the following insights:
- The silent voice of the natural world can’t plead its case; it cannot tell humanity how toxic their indifference to other species has become. Animals and the environment are thriving since humanity has had to refrain from their usual pleasure and thrill seeking.
- Life has become too complex. It will take a concerted effort for families to bring back simpler times and slow down its frantic race that demands ever more from its environment.
- It can provide a perfect opportunity to re-evaluate our priorities. Loved ones are getting left behind in the frantic egocentricity of family members. Let us reclaim valued relationships one step at a time.
Beloved Ones, I do not believe, from studying the signs in the environment, that the "hardship" is over. But it doesn’t have to be hardship — see it rather as an opportunity. Let these days, regardless of how long they may be, be an opportunity instead.
The pandemic will seem to disappear as rapidly as it came, but, if its gifts are not seized, it may yet return. The synchronicity in your question tells us: don’t assume that all is well, because man still travels its destructive path. And in its wake will leave the financial systems in shambles.